Saturday, July 11, 2009

Arms For The Poor

While staying in a commune with my brother Rick in Albert Road Port Elizabeth, a man came begging at the door. I had just been reading something that filled me with zeal. As I answered the door, I noticed that the man had a stump of an arm. Full of zeal in the spirit, I contemplated that what he really needed instead of alms, was an arm. I grabbed his stump and started to pray.

I felt a very peculiar feeling or sensation under my hands as the man’s arm started to grow. At that moment, unbeknown to me, my nephew Jo had been watching. All of a sudden from behind me I heard my nephew start yelling as he ran for his mom: “Ma-a-a – the guy’s arm grew!”

Well – I took such fright at that moment that I wished the guy well and told him not to worry, the arm would continue to grow. The guy himself I think was so drunk he did not know what was happening to him. In all, the stump probably grew around 5 inches.

I know God is faithful to watch over his work to complete it. One day we will know how it all turned out in the end. I pray that next time God leads me to pray for something like that, he increases my courage to see it through to completion. It would have been so cool to see a new hand appearing don't you think?!

No comments:

Post a Comment