Tuesday, July 14, 2009

My First Brand Spanking New Car

When I first moved up to Johannesburg after completing my studies, well actually lets start a bit before that. My little Mazda 232 was getting quite tired and was giving quite a few problems after all the long PE to Tsumeb trips I had done with Ryk, and one day God put it in my heart to believe Him for a new car.

It was quite an ambitious ask – but I wanted a brand new car – I was tired of struggling.

I remember telling God that I wanted a new car, and that I did not want to have any debt. The amount of money I was able to put aside each month was actually a total joke when considering what it would have to grow into (refer to the Petrol from heaven story to get an idea of where I was at financially). I told God that if I was faithful to save the pennies (that which was in my power to save), would He please add to it what was in His power to add?

On moving up to Joburg, the Lord urged me to insure my car. I put the matter off, and again He urged me to insure my car. Three times He warned me, but somehow I never got around to doing it. One fateful day I went to get my car, and found it was gone! Now I really needed to get a new car.

My dad found out that one of the perks of his job was to buy a new car from the company for a massive discount off the dealer’s prices. He managed to get me a little white Corsa – about 1000 km on the clock. The amount I had saved – not very much, but God (oh lets savour those words – they are my favourite words) … but God… had added His portion through various unexpected events. Faithful as always…

Did I manage to get my new car debt free?

Not exactly. I had exactly the right amount I needed except for what insurance would have paid out had I been obedient to Him. Truly, - it is better to obey than sacrifice.

No comments:

Post a Comment