Saturday, July 11, 2009

Wipers For The Wiped Out

During my second last year at university, I was still living in a flat in Central, Port Elizabeth. Ursula had moved in with me after my first husband had wimped out of the relationship. Money was non-existent. One night while driving my yellow mazda in the rain, my windscreen wipers stopped working. I said: “Oh Lord, You know how I don’t have money to fix that. Please will You fix them for me."

I had stopped at a red traffic light near the Herald offices waiting to turn towards Humewood under the freeway. I noticed a gentleman stuck in the rain and felt the Lord say that I needed to offer him a lift.

Although a bit of a dodgy thing to do in that area, trusting God is always the safer bet. Well would you believe it. The man turned out to be the owner of a garage in Main Street. As soon as he noticed the plight of my windscreen wipers he told me to pop in and see him, offering to repair them free of charge as a thank you gesture.

“Bless you sir, wherever you are today - and thank you once again my Lord and friend, Jesus Christ.”

No comments:

Post a Comment