Saturday, July 11, 2009

Mission School Momento's

Egg Surprise For Breakfast:

I attended mission school for a while, not as a student, but as the kitchen help. One day we had about a hundred people to feed for breakfast, and only 50 eggs. We weren’t sure what to do, so we prayed over the eggs and started to break them into the frying pan.

As we broke the first, we were thrilled to see it had a double yolk. We were quite surprised to find that the second one also had a double yolk – what are the odds of that happening? By the end, we were in raptureous laughter – all fifty eggs HAD DOUBLE YOLKS!

“NO WAY DUDE!”

Well, obviously “yes way God!”

............................................................................................................................................
The Desires Of My Heart From A Stranger:

All the washing of dishes at mission school was taking its toll on my hands, which were beginning to dry and crisp up. In my quiet time with the Lord one morning, I expressed a desire for hand cream. Within a day, a missionary I did not know, returned from the field and brought me a gift of hand cream.

Thank you so much Dad for paying so much attention to me.
I love you so.

............................................................................................................................................
Pantry Pleasures:

Strange as this may seem, keeping the pantry stocked became the kitchen staffs responsibility, and time after time God answered our prayers specifically.

One incident that stands out in my mind was the day we went to the freezer and found the freezer was empty.

We prayed earnestly for meat, and later that day – somebody arrived in a bakkie loaded with meat. We did not know the gentleman from a bar of soap, but behold, the freezer was full.

Who drives around in a truck loaded with meat waiting for God to tell them where to take it anyway?? –

… an angel perhaps?

No comments:

Post a Comment